Thursday, October 10, 2013

17 Day Diet

I wasn't going to say much about this to anyone but a few ladies that are in a group with me on FaceBook.  When I started thinking about my reasons I realized that I didn't want more people to know in case I failed or didn't follow it exactly.  I didn't want to have accountability to more than those few people.  On the flip side of that is that I wouldn't get the encouragement from those same people.  I talked to my husband and we are starting on this journey together.  This is one of those things that you don't want to do alone and we can encourage each other when we get discouraged.  I know alot of people that are doing this plan, in fact is is affectionately known as the HillCrest Bible Church Diet, that is how many people are doing this.  I have seen how well they have been doing and it made me want to start to eat healthier and have my husband do the same.  I am over 50 (slightly) and Dean will be there soon, and I want to have as many years with this wonderful guy as I can.

I have started out on many journeys to better myself either physically or spiritually, but have not done it.  This time I feel like I can because Dean will be doing this part with me.  I am looking forward to the challenge.  I am not only change my physically appetite, I am also beginning to change my spiritual appetite as well.  I am doing this by trying to read my bible every day and to start a prayer journal.

I am not sure where these changes will take me,  but I am curious to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment