Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Asking The Right Questions

I love this sentence from Made to Crave Devotions by Lysa TerKeurst:  "The only true satisfaction we can seek is the satisfaction of being obedient to the Lord." 

This kind of hit me right in the face.  At breakfast I was feeling rather proud of the fact that I had lost some weight yesterday even though I strayed  from the meal plan.  I made a wise choice for the most part (well except for the fries).  So when I got on the scale this morning and found out I had lost 1.6 lbs I was very happy.  I anticipate getting on the scale to see if there is another weight loss I tell myself I am not going to, but I do anyway.  I was filled with pride and even encouraged my husband to tell me he was proud of me for the loss.

But I also had another accomplishment this week.  I have spent time in my devotions.  Search for a nugget that I can ponder on for the rest of the day.  I also completed a bible study this week (well almost, one more article to read).  Considering that the last couple I have started lay uncompleted, that is a big deal.  But if I am talking to a friend who knows I am on this eating plan which do you think I will be prone to share first.  Yep you got it the weight loss. 

Lord, please help me to find more satisfaction in getting into your word and trying to understand what you are trying to say to me through its pages.  Let the fact that I am spending time with you be the accomplishment that is more important that what I weigh.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment