Thursday, October 17, 2013

Unsettled

Don't shoot me if this sounds vaguely familiar, because it is.  I started doing the devotions that went with the book Made To Crave by Lysa TerKeurst back in February.  I only got through a few of them and gave up.  Life just go in the way.  But isn't for life situations that we should be in God's word and preparing ourselves so that we can handle what God places in our lives.  So here I am again.  I was going to look back at what I wrote in February, but changed my mind.  I want to start out fresh.

Since I am doing the 17 Day Diet I thought it would be appropriate to start going through these again. and see what God is going to show me.  Especially because I am trying to change my life where food is concerned.

It is very true that our entire life we are told and taught to get settled.  Settle into a relationship, get settled in a career, get settled in a church, get settled in our faith, get settled where you want to live and (for the purpose of this devotional) we get settled into eating patterns.  Well I am okay with being settled in a relationship, my husband means the world to me.  We are not very settled as to where we are living, although we love where we are, we know that there is always the possibility of his job being phased out and therefore there would be a possible move.  The career part at least for me is not a major issue I am content with working part-time at the Cousin's Subs in my neighborhood.  I love where we live and the church that we found.  What I want to be unsettled in is my faith and my walk with the Lord.  I want "a fresh wind of life twisting and twirling and dancing through my soul".  Instead of craving food or things, I want to crave a more intimate relationship with God.  I have learned that issues with food are apart of who I am and I don't like it .  I want to change those issues and I know that I can do that, with change my focus off of food and things and putting them where they should be.  I know this doesn't mean I won't want to say forget it, but I think I have found something that is helping me lose weight and to put it in it's place.  Food is for sustaining life.  It wasn't designed to take away my sad feelings or help me figure out my emotions.  Regardless of what chocolate makers say it doesn't really help make you feel better at least not in the long-term ways that are needed. 

So here I am Lord.  Thank you for unsettling me and prompting me to start eating better and taking care of this precious gift you have given me.  My life matters to you which includes my health.  I need to be a better steward of this body and take care of it the way you desire me to.  I need to turn to you when I am sad and don't understand why.   I love you so my Lord and it about time that I show that by the way I handle my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment