Monday, October 21, 2013

What If I Let God Down?

I kind of thought this was a stupid excuse when I first saw it.  Who could possibly use this as an excuse not to lose weight.  But as I was reading through the rest of the devotional it started to make sense.  God should be apart of everything in our lives.  He made us and gave us the task of taking care of what He made.  Until I read Made to Crave I didn't realize who being closer to God can help keep us plugging along and picking ourselves up when it comes to food issues.  God is the one lifting us up not the other way around.  So there isn't anyway to let him down. 

The 17 Day Diet has been working very well for me.  I lost 7.8 pounds in the first week.  Mostly from giving up soda.  Staying on it hasn't been very hard.  Although my husband wanting to eat more than what is set aside for the day is kind of hard.  Yesterday was this wonderful soup.  He always has crackers with his soup.  I don't want to deny him small things because I don't want him to get discouraged with this plan.  So I had some Flat Bread crackers right along with him.  I also put extra fruit in the smoothie to help with taste.  I was disappointed that I hadn't lost weight the last couple of days, but then I realized that I am eating better and I have the ability to control my disappointment.  I need to start moving more and doing some exercising. 

I am encouraged that God is interested in even this aspect of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment